Photo: Getty Images
Since Memorial Day has come and gone, some people feel like summer is already here. But summer doesn't kick off officially until June, it seems like a lot of people don't wait for our calendar to say it's the start of the season.
According to a survey of 2000 U.S. adults more than half feel very excited about summer.
- About a third (31%) are so excited, they consider summer has already started, while 50% feel it happens when the weather gets warm and 21% feel it’s when the days get longer.
- And some people get so excited for the upcoming season, they start switching to warm-weather clothing as early as April (26%).
Food is pretty important to people in the summer, too:
- Seven in 10 respondents say that some foods just taste better during summer, including watermelon (74%), ice cream (68%), lemonade (59%), as well as cookout staples like barbecue chicken (54%), hot dogs (54%) and corn on the cob (54%).
- Half of those surveyed say that of all the seasons, summer has the best food.
- Nearly a third (32%) even prefer a good hot dog over a Thanksgiving feast.
- 40% like to take advantage of summer weather and eat outside when possible.
Source: SWNS Digital