We all do it, but not many people really like to talk about it. What are we talking about? Pooping. And now a new survey looks at “The State of Pooping in America” and you may be a little shocked at the revelations.
The survey by probiotic makers Pendulum Therapeutics, finds:
- 51% of Americans say they wish they knew more about pooping than they do.
- 50% of Americans admit they rarely talk about taking care of business.
- Of those who do discuss dropping a deuce:
- 56% talk to family
- 22% talk to friends
- 22% discuss it with medical professionals.
- 51% admit they have a healthy poop consistency describing it as either "sausage- or snake-like, smooth and soft" or "sausage-shaped but with cracks on the surface."
- 56% say they drop the kids off at the pool one to two times a day, while 29% do it only two to three times a week.
And while the current pandemic has disrupted a lot of lives, apparently it hasn’t become much of an issue when it comes to taking a dump.
- 88% of Americans say their poop schedule hasn’t changed during the pandemic.
- 60% say it’s actually slightly or significantly improved.
- Only 12% say it’s worsened.