The past year has been pretty lonely for a lot of singles, as the pandemic has kept many from meeting new people, or even hitting up a booty call for some physical affection. But it turns out, many are doing just fine because they are taking matters into their own hands…literally.
A new OnePoll survey on behalf of #LubeLife finds:
- The average single person has been pleasuring themselves three times a day in lockdown.
- 30% admit to masturbating more than once a day.
- Only 14% are doing it just once a day.
- 48% admit that being in lockdowns alone has led them to taking care of themselves more than ever before.
- 47% say they used to be embarrassed by it, but now they are fully embracing it.
And it's no surprise that folks have ben relying on themselves for pleasure these days.
- 39% of people say they’ve had a sex dry spell since last March.
- The average single person hasn’t had sex with someone else in over four months.
- 59% don’t really expect anything to change in the foreseeable future.
- 10% admit they actually now prefer taking care of things themselves over sex.
- In fact, 34% say they experienced their best orgasm while alone during the pandemic.
But there are plenty of folks not ready to give up on that physical connection with other people.
- 37% say they plan to have sex with someone once lockdown measures are finally over.
- 31% say they’ve even lowered their standards of who they’ll have sex with.