A recent YouGov survey finds:
- 66% of Americans say sharing a bed with their partner is their ideal sleeping arrangement.
- That means there are a third of people who would prefer some other arrangement, including:
- Sleeping in different beds in the same room (7%)
- Sleeping in different beds in different rooms (9%)
- While some respondents said they didn’t know, or none of these would be ideal (9% each).
- When it comes to genders, 69% of men and 64% of women said sharing a bed with their partner is the ideal set up.
- 7% of men and 6% of women would want different beds in the same room.
- And 7% of men and 11% of women would want to sleep in different rooms.
- And relationship status may also play a role in preferences, with married people more likely to want to share a bed with their partner.
- In fact, 82% of married men and 71% of married women prefer sharing a bed.
- 6% of married men and 7% of married women would like to be in the same room but in different beds.
- Although 14% of married women and 8% of married men would prefer to sleep in a separate room from their spouse.