Now that vaccines are becoming more readily available, it feels like the end of the pandemic is coming soon. And with summer on the way, it may be one for the books. From baggy jeans to entertaining at home again, these are some trends that are set to take over in the coming months.
- Revenge everything- There’s going to be a lot of shopping, traveling, dating and all the fun and frivolous things people couldn’t do this past year. Expect to see travel bookings go through the roof this summer - luxury travel advisor Virtuoso is already reporting hotel bookings for June 2021 are up 146% over May.
- Loose denim- The debate over skinny jeans is far from over, but looser Gen Z-approved styles are gaining in popularity. Google searches for baggy jeans, straight jeans and wide leg jeans are way up from last year, showing people are looking to give their legs more breathing room.
- Hot Boomer summer- Boomers will be ready to party now that 65.6% of people over age 65 are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC.
- Hosting from home- As more and more people get vaccinated, they’ll be ready to expand their COVID bubbles and entertain once again. Pinterest reports an 80% increase in searches for “furniture renovation” and a 33% increase in searches for “cleaning plan” so it seems like people are getting their homes ready for some summer soirees.
- THC taking over CBD- The CBD craze may be slowing down now that more people can legally get pot. According to Politico, more than 40% of Americans now live where weed is legal, more people may be reaching for the potent stuff this summer.
- Non-alcoholic drinks- While some folks boozed their way through the pandemic, lots of people are sober-curious and are now opting for cocktails made with low alcohol contents or none at all. The IWSR predicts that sales of no/low alcoholic beverages will increase by 31% in volume by 2024