The NFL has finally released the 2021 schedule – and we’re already getting a gander at the opening week matchups. Here are the most intriguing ones…based solely on ticket sales for the games:
- Cowboys @ Buccaneers (9/9) – Brady’s Team Vs. “America’s Team”
- Ravens @ Raiders (9/13) – The debut of Sin City football action.
- Browns @ Chiefs (9/12) – Are the Browns for real? We know the Chiefs are.
- Bears @ Rams (9/12) – Check out L.A.’s new football home.
- Steelers @ Bills (9/12) – It’s probably Big Ben’s last time through the league.
Although we didn’t know the exact dates until last night, we knew the opponents. Based on that info, Newsweek tabulated which teams had the toughest schedule to contend with. Here are the teams, statistically, that have the hardest road to the Lombardi Trophy based on the 2020 winning percentages of their 2021 opponents.
- Pittsburgh Steelers -.574
- Baltimore Ravens -.563
- Chicago Bears -.550
- Green Bay Packers -.542
- Minnesota Vikings -.531
As far as the easy road, and knowing full well there are few “easy” wins in the NFL, the statistical edge goes to the Philadelphia Eagles. Their 2021 opponents had a .451 winning percentage in 2020.