A healthy collection of concert t-shirts tells the world what bands you love and are influenced by. Those who collect them are passionate about those bands and have a sense of community with those who share their sense of taste and style. Rush Order Tees did some research to find out a bit more about the concert tee wearing world.
- Punk fans have spent the most on their t-shirt collection, averaging $597 spent and owning 15 shirts.
- Heavy metal fans have the most shirts, with an average of 17 in their collection.
- On average, fans are willing to spend as much as $51 for a concert t-shirt.
- When it comes to “vintage” shirts, blues is the most popular genre of music to collect…and most are bought on eBay or in second-hand stores.
- Music fans agree that in order to wear a band’s shirt and not look like a poser, you should be able to name at least 10 songs from that band.
- Almost 70% of those in the study still own their very first concert t-shirt.
When it comes to the bands, here are the ones fans say they own “at least one” shirt of:
- AC/DC (21.4%)
- Aerosmith (18.1%)
- Queen (16.9%)
- Pink Floyd (15.7%)
- Green Day (14.5%)
There’s a ton more data where that came from. See more HERE.
Source: Rush Order Tees