Netflix is clamping down on password sharing, but the new restrictions are confusing some people. Though there was no “official” announcement, the Netflix support page has posted some interesting poly changes when it comes to restricting the practice.
- “Anyone in your household…can use your account.”
- “Any devices not connected to the ‘primary location’ will need to connect to the home Wi-Fi, log onto the Netflix app, and watch ‘something at least once every 31 days’.”
- Any device that doesn’t log in “may be blocked from watching Netflix.”
- For those traveling or “way from the primary location for an extended period of time” will get a “temporary code to access Netflix for seven consecutive days.”
- Otherwise, you’ll have to create your own account because you’re not part of the “household.”
Surely, more changes and tweaks are coming, but that’s what it’s looking like right now.